Sunday, March 9, 2014

3/9/14 Prompt: Life in Another State

As always, this prompt it open to all interpretation from, well, anybody.

The prompt for today is life in another state. I thought about this a lot last night as I was heading to bed. I haven't been to a lot of states. Really I've only been to Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa... I think we went straight through Missouri, and I spent about a week in Arkansas. In total I think I've spent no more than a month in the traveling and staying in other states. Mostly Wisconsin.

There's one state I really want to visit though, and that is Colorado. I'm tempted to write my prompt on Colorado but I think I'll change my perspective around and just accompany the idea of going from state to state. Or something. We'll see.

On that note, Here's my piece. By the way feel free to add a link to your prompt in the comment section below.

I am wandering. 
It's been like this for days.
New streets, new houses
New names

I am wondering
Where am I now?
I got lost on the way
Back to my new place

I am looking
At a map I bought
Last week to learn
All the new roads to wander.

I am gazing
Down the paved lane
Of the street I've been wandering
Looking at all the new driveways

I am finding
New parks and bike paths
That I'm excited to try out
On my new bike

I am walking
Back to my new place
It's strange how different everything is
In this new state

I am feeling
Warmer than I normally would
Because I'm further south
Loving this new weather

I am happy
Now that I'm away from
All the negativity
I like my new state

Of being

No comments:

Post a Comment