Monday, February 10, 2014

2-10-14 Turtle Poem

Today's prompt: A Turtle's Life

Today I've decided I'm going to do a poem instead of a story.

The clear glass lays in front of me
I think to myself, maybe if I push just hard enough
But the glass never breaks
The glass is stronger than I

I climb onto the drifting piece of plastic
It sits beneath a warm glow
As I dry I wonder
What if I had been born somewhere else?

I imagine myself floating amid waves
Walking on beach sands that warm my feet
Sitting under the real sun
With a real reason to live

I come back to the present
One of them has approached my enclosure
What if this one will let me out?
I jump into the water and splash about

The top opens and I'm excited
But then I see my attempts are misguided
For now I'll just have to accept my fate
As little balls of food hit the water

Plop, plop, plop
I quickly guzzle them
Sometimes in groups of three
Maybe I don't mind this so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment