Friday, February 28, 2014

2/28/14 Writing Prompt: The Voice of/from

Alright, so the prompt of the day is "The Voice of/from"

The interpretation I thought of has to do with my thing from yesterday, so mine will be "The Voice From the Top of The Stairs."

As always, it is up for interpretation. But what I absolutely want you to do is to take that piece and make it the title. Fill in the blank after "The Voice" and make it your own piece that speaks.

Here's my piece:

I stood at the top of the stairs, staring down below. There was a girl there, struggling to climb up each step but never faltering. I felt for her. I had once been like that. Now it was my job to help her, like I had been helped before.

"Hey!" I shouted down the stairs. I knew from experience that she could not see me, or the bliss behind me. She looked up and around in confusion, unsure of where the voice had come from. "You can do it! Come join us up here! It's a great place!"

I saw her smile as she looked up. I knew she couldn't see us, but I knew she believed in the dream. She climbed onto the next steep stair leading to the top.

My business partner walked next to me. "Lot of raw talent in that one," he said, pointing down at the girl struggling on the stairs. He also shouted down to her. "Don't worry about falls dear! After every pit there's clear road! You'll get here! Don't worry."

His friend heard him shouting and decided he needed to add his commentary. "You can make it! You'll find a lot of friends and support up here! Just get close enough and we'll give you a hand!"

Again, the girl could not see them, but she smiled and kept working on climbing up the staircase.

It would take a while but I knew that if I kept being an encouraging voice, I'd get to meet her one day.

I was looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment