Tuesday, February 18, 2014

3-11-14 Prompt... Glasses

Today's prompt is glasses.

This refers to the ones that sit on your face, rather than the ones you drink out of. I've personally had glasses since about seventh grade, but I know that you don't need to have glasses to write about them. 

As always, the prompt is up for any interpretation, so long as you are indeedy talking about the glasses that sit on the ridge of a person's nose.

So here's my piece:

In this world of 20/20
You will find that there are plenty
Of people who have to wear
Glasses to make their eyesight fair

Most people with them aren't born
And when they need them they're a little torn
Do I get glasses, contacts or suffer?
I wish I had a better insurance buffer...

Glasses are expensive to replace
They sit smack in the middle of your face
Some are styling, some are pretty
Some make you seem professional or witty

Others cover half your head
And make you look like four-eyes instead
It's your choice what style you own
It's yours to make and yours alone

No comments:

Post a Comment